Monday, January 21

Weetzie Drinks

So, since I've been on a Juicing kick this week, my mind has been on that a lot. Of course, my mind is often also on Weetzie Bat (it's an obsession, I know), so, naturally, the two came together.

As of this moment, I'm post-lunch-juice, considering a lunch-dessert juice of just apples and carrots. I'm not hungry, I'm just craving extras, like I would normally do with regular food.

Anyway, I haven't tried these out, but if Weetzie Bat and her family had their favorite drinks, these are what I think they'd be:


Weetzie Bat
Sweet and pretty!
Weetzie would want something that was delicious, crazy-nuclear-colorful, and just happened to also be wonderfully healthy.
So, for flavor, we'd go with apples and either grapes or pineapple, or other sweet fruit. For color, some strips of beets. For health, a handful of something packed with nutrients, like kale or spinach. So, I give you...

The Weetzie:
2 sweet apples
1 bunch of grapes
2 sticks of sliced pineapple
1 slice ripe beet
1 handful kale, spinach, or collards
optional: 1/2 Asian pear, large chunk of watermelon, or


 My Secret Agent Lover Man
Powerful and Practical- with a kick!
My Secret Agent Lover Man would want something that would give him energy and a boost of nutrients. I imagine a sort of Mean Green Machine drink, with lots of leafy, vitamin-rich greens, and a knob of ginger for a tasty zing. When Weetzie made if for him, she'd probably use apples as a base, to make sure it tasted good for him.

The Secret Agent:
1 apple
1 bunch spinach
1 bunch kale
1/2 cup broccoli
1 stick celery
1/2 bunch watercress
1/2 cucumber
1 knob of ginger
optional: 1/2 lemon and a few sprigs of parsley or some wheatgrass


 Cherokee Bat
I think Cherokee would love something that tasted good, like her mother, but was also a little practical, like her father. I see her wanting something very simple and classic, and very natural and earthy. Of course, I see the ultimate classic for her, then: apples and carrots. Perhaps with a zing of ginger like her dad, too?

The Cherokee:
2 sweet apples
2-3 carrots
1 knob of ginger
optional: 1 orange, tangerine, or 1/2 pear

Witch Baby
Lily would want something that represented her and the way she feels/likes to represent herself. Something sweet, but also bitter. Something dark, probably super dark purple, because she likes to feel intimidating and different. I don't think she'd care much as tall about health benefits, so it'd be all about the color-- beets and carrots for that-- and flavor-- sweet apples and pineapple, with spinach and watercress for a bitter bite.

The Witch:
1 green apple
1 carrot
1 bunch grapes
2 slices pineapple
1 big bunch spinach
1 bunch watercress
1/4 grapefruit
2 slices beets
optional: 1 kiwi or 1/2 pear



Anyone have any ideas for Duck and Dirk?
I suppose if I went back and reread Baby BeBop, it'd probably come to me. Dirk would probably be a mix of Weetzie and My Secret Agent Lover Man, and Duck might be more like Cherokees and Weetzies... hm....

2 comments: