Monday, December 18

Life Updated


A roundup of some interesting developments in my life since, which will be explored further in the future:


  • I've gotten (and thrived in) a job at an indie publishing house here in Portland, which I find significant because I spent four straight years of job-searching on the east coast to literally only two job interviews, while Microcosm opened their doors to me almost as soon as I got here.
  • I'm currently working as their director of publicity, a role I find fascinating and challenging (sometimes too much so for my social anxiety) and kind of fun.
  • I've become, and over time started coming out as, quite a stoner, which I maybe never would have done before. In the last two years, with my lifestyle constantly changing, responsibilities growing, mental health destabilizing, and my personality shifting, cannabis has become more of a part of my life, health, well-being, and (oddly/awesomely enough) job.
  • I've been horrible at deadlines and finishing projects this year. Wish me luck with that in 2018 cause it's gonna drive me into the ground if I don't get it in check. I've got shit to get done.
  • I did, however, have a story published in a feminist bicycle science fiction collection, which is probably something I never thought I'd say in this reality. The book is here, and the submission call for the next collection is here (its theme is Dragons).


No comments:

Post a Comment