Monday, October 4

Kidnapped, no, but yet...

Watching: Castle
Ingesting: Cinnamon & Ginger tea
Reading: On Writing :: Stephen King

I've been away for quite a while, and holy shit how much better my life is now, I can't even explain it.
I'm out of the horrible house situation I was stuck in, I'm completely out of the obnoxiously persistent past issues that were bringing down my life, I have a job (crappy, but money-producing), and things are slowly but surely seeming to grow up and get set!

The biggest thing that will be of substance to this blog is that I am currently (just started) writing a novel this month. Yup, just this month. In the style of NaNoWriMo, I am spending the entire month of October writing the first draft of a novel from start to finish.
This means I have to write 1,613 words every day to get to my goal of 50,000 by the end. *deep breath* this is monumental and possibly impossible.
I was doing okay at first, not happy with what was coming out all the time, but determined to keep going and fix things later, but then some unpleasant computer failure Saturday night dropped me back about a thousand words, and now I'm still about two thousand behind.

But I will continue onward!


If at all interested in my progress (which I doubt anyone is, but you never know), I'll mostly be putting status updates on Twitter when they're interesting. And I'll possibly leave clips and phrases on here when I'm particularly proud or interested in them.
Also, I'm thinking about signing up for the official NaNoWriMo next month, if I don't go crazy doing it this month, so if anyone's interested in being writing/support buddies through it, let me know!


Anyway, just thought I'd stop in, say hello, and wish myself luck ^-^

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment