Sunday, September 30

Tea Time Research

An Afternoon Tea for Two




One of my birthday presents was a tea service at our only Tea Room in town. 


I took this time to take a break, have a treat, and I jumped at the opportunity to consider it research ^-^
We got a tea service for two including a pot of tea (Winter...Palace, I think; very almond-y and sweet, reminded me a little of cough syrup unfortunately, but I was still quite happy with it) and a service of desserts, scones, and sandwiches.


The salmon sandwiches were okay (just salmon and cream cheese on a bagel), the chicken salads were perfectly light, and the scones with clotted cream were my favorite (just because of the cream!). I also discovered that I adore Treacle tarts, but only in small amounts...


This is not something I'd want to do often (particularly because I'm not sure the quality/quantity was worth the $30 price-tag) but it was calm, relaxing, and tasty. And definitely inspired me to work on beginning the transition.


Afterwards I grabbed a few things to slowly build my afternoon tea supply.
Pocky (strawberry, almond)
European crackers (possibly cookies; I haven't tried them yet)
Green Tea
Spicy Chai Tea

along with some veggies and bread.

I've made a box for the dry things, so they stay in one place for me! Yay Organization!



No comments:

Post a Comment