Friday, October 5

"Superheated infusion of free-radicals and tannin"

So we've been doing our afternoon tea almost every day this week. 
Our first tea. I need a bigger tray...
Despite my original menu, this week we've mostly been having:
Cucumber & Cream Cheese Sandwiches
Salmon & Cream Cheese Sandwiches
Strawberry Pocky
Almond Pocky ($.75!)
Pimento Cheese Sandwiches
Butter Crackers ($.69!)) with EuroCrem
Toast with Butter & Jam
Green Tea
Irish Breakfast Tea
Chai Tea

Had these mango cookies: too sweet to eat!!

I like it, but it's having the opposite effect from what I wanted. Instead of refreshing myself with a light snack and hot drink, I end up feeling full and even more sleepy! I've been trying to work with caffeinated teas, but no helpfulness so far!

Somehow the pocky and buttered toast are still my favorites!
But as the weeks gone on, we're losing steam as far as doing it every day. Thursday we just didn't feel like it, and today there wasn't much point because we were both home most of the day.


I'm hoping to start it back up tomorrow, though it might have to be with coffee instead of tea...
Upcoming food ideas are pimento cheese & bacon sandwiches, fruit slices, and (hopefully) pumpkin muffins.

Drink up!





No comments:

Post a Comment